My name is Rebecca, and I’ll be the Templeton Radiology Library intern this year. I’ve just started my second year at the UW Information School’s Masters in Library and Information Science program. Before that, I studied English, history, and organ at Walla Walla University. My previous library experience ranges from cataloging to circulation to reference work, and I’m excited to consolidate all of those specialties into one job here at Templeton.
In the next year, I plan to continue the excellent tradition of service that my predecessors have established, with a special focus on the following tasks:
- Continue to expand the library’s collection, in accordance with both trade recommendations and special requests
- Present tutorials to groups of residents and fellows on the topics of database searching, oral abstracts, and publishing
- Assist residents and fellows with searches one-on-one upon request
- Establish a coherent, branded presence, both in physical signage and online engagement
- Give regular updates on new materials
- Curate monthly exhibits featuring various aspects of radiology’s history (available both in the library and online)
- Establish an internal repository of the department’s work
If there’s any way I can improve Templeton’s collections or services, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Send me an email at radlib[at]uw[dot edu], or drop by during my office hours.